This privacy notice applies to personal information that we collect through magicalpath.net.
We do not collect personal information on this site unless you choose to give it to us. If you provide personal information through this site, it will stored by our content management system (WordPress) or on the servers of third party businesses such as MailChimp or Google Gmail.
There are places on the site where you can choose to give us personal information, such as:
- emailing us
- submitting the contact form
- adding a comment to our blog
- subscribing to our news feeds.
If you give feedback through the site, we collect your email address and sometimes other contact details. We may use your email address to respond to you.
Use and disclosure
We will only use personal information that you provide to us through this site for the purposes for which you supplied.
We may use your personal information for the purposes of administering and improving the site, improving our services or communicating with site users.
We do not sell or share your personal information with others.
To make a comment on our blog, you must provide an email address so that when we moderate the comment, we can contact you if necessary for clarification.
We analyse non-identifiable web traffic data to improve our services. We use WordPress Site Stats and Google Analytics, both of which are free third party services, to analyse the web traffic data for us.
We may collect, hold, and use statistical information about visits to help us improve the site, for instance:
- Your IP address (in our server logs)
- The search terms you used
- The pages accessed on our site and the links you clicked on
- The date and time you visited the site
- The referring site (if any) through which you clicked through to this site
- Your operating system (e.g., Windows 10, Mac OS X)
- The type of web browser you use (e.g., Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome)
The data collected is aggregated and is not personally identifiable. Our web analytics will also respect any “do not track” setting you might have set on your browser.
We also use tracking cookies with WordPress Site Stats and Google Analytics to track and analyse non-personally identifiable data about our website usage. You can choose to opt out of our tracking cookies without affecting your ability to use the site.
To opt out:
- Google Analytics cookie and Google advertising cookies – opt out using free tools such as Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on or an appropriate blocking add-on, such as Ghostery.
- Google Analytics Advertising Features – opt out at NAI’s consumer opt-out.
Links to social networking services
We use social networking services such as Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube. When you communicate with us using these services, the social networking service may collect your personal information for its own purposes.
These services may track your use of our website on those pages where their links are displayed. If you are logged in to those services (including any Google service) while using our site, their tracking will be associated with your profile with them.
These services have their own privacy policies which are independent of ours.
Your rights and choices
You can ask to be removed from any of our subscription lists at any time.
You may opt out of website tracking at any time using a free privacy tool. See the cookies section, above.
22 November 2015